School ethos and values
Our School will provide a warm, welcoming environment where the value, respect and self-esteem of individuals is promoted through our commitment to equality of opportunity. The whole school community will ensure that the environment will be stimulating and conducive to learning. There will be clear expectations of behaviour and our aim is for every child to reach their full potential in learning and behaviour through quality provision and differentiated activities. To facilitate this there will be a variety of appropriate resources, teaching styles and experiences. Partnership between all members of the school community is fundamental to achieving all we believe in.
Promoting British Values
The Orchard Child
At Orchard Primary School our aims are to:
- Ensure all our children make significant progress in knowledge, understanding and skills; in attitudes and values; as social citizens and as lifelong learners.
- Ensure that our school is safe and welcoming.
- Provide a rich and stimulating curriculum which enables children to fulfil their potential.
- Demonstrate respect and understanding of people’s ethnic background, linguistic differences, gender, religion, age, sexuality and ability.
- Work in partnership with all those in the community who can make our school a success.
- Provide a supportive working environment where all staff are valued and encouraged to develop.
- Have happy, healthy children who are clear about what is expected of them including the expectations for behaviour in school as well as how to succeed and achieve.